Inside of you there is a whole world, different from the one outside me. When I am happy you will find beautiful nature inside me, trees and clear sky. You will find calm blue sea when I am relaxing, & you will find rough desert when I am sad. I also have this stormy wind when I am angry, yet I have the beautiful rosy garden when I am in love. I wish you can choose which of those to always see inside of me, but you should accept them all if you want me, because thats how I am.
I'm imperfect.
No one is.
;)





Love is something you can't touch, but feel it

~

Saturday, September 3, 2016

DIY Crop Denim Jacket with Patches!




Hello everybody i'm back with a DIY fashion tutorial! This time round I'm gonna teach you how i crop my denim and applique on patches.

Materials :
1. Old Denim Jacket
2. Fabric Scissors
3. Needle and Thread
4. Iron
5. Twizzer
6. Patches or Decorative pins ( Optional )


 I got my patches and decorative pins from Bershka. Aren't they just too pretty to not get them!


How to determine the length to crop? 

Wear your jacket and see from the mirror where you want it to crop it. You can also use the buttons on ur jacket as a guide line like me.


Lay your jacket down flat on a table then put a ruler or a measuring tape like me and draw a straight line at where you want to cut. After that, just cut it off.


For mine I want my jacket's hem to have fray so I've used a twizzer to pull out the white thread out to create frays.

You can also create this on ur denim jeans! Check out my tutorial on how i distress my denim jeans.
http://weiyunn.blogspot.my/2016/04/diy-rip-jeans.html


 Now's the 2nd fun part of this DIY which is applying the patches! 


1st remove the patches from the packaging and turn on your iron to cotton high. ( This is how i did it but if you are afraid it will burn your patches you can go with a lower but not too low setting because it might not be hot enough to melt the glue on the patches )


Place the patches on where you want it to apply heat onto it to stick!


These are how my decorative insect inspired pins looks like :) Stick and pin wherever you like! Just have fun with it.


For me I'm afraid my patches might not adhere well so I've used some thread and needle to secure my patches in place.

After that you are done!
( Prepare for some spamming of my face :P )









Thanks for reading hope my tutorial helps you! 

Till next time !

Much love,
Wei.Yun
xoxo

You can also follow me on social media :


Instagram, snapchat, twitter : weiiyunnnn




1 comment:

  1. X: best diy fashion tutorials / idea (look beautiful)

    ReplyDelete