Inside of you there is a whole world, different from the one outside me. When I am happy you will find beautiful nature inside me, trees and clear sky. You will find calm blue sea when I am relaxing, & you will find rough desert when I am sad. I also have this stormy wind when I am angry, yet I have the beautiful rosy garden when I am in love. I wish you can choose which of those to always see inside of me, but you should accept them all if you want me, because thats how I am.
I'm imperfect.
No one is.
;)





Love is something you can't touch, but feel it

~

Friday, April 1, 2016

DIY Rip Jeans!

Hello hello everyone! Its been a long time since i've blogged and i'm so sorry for that. ( This has been almost all the starting of my blogpost lol. ) Anyways, just to keep you all updated i've finally graduated from college in Diploma of Fashion Design! Yay! We also just had our graduation fashion show on 23rd of March 2016. I didnt really took any photos before the show for my blog because i was really too busy running up and down as if the show was my personal fashion show lol. Anyhow, everything went smooth and great we all had a wonderfully and happy night!

Okay now...

Back to our main topic!


So these few season rip jeans or distressed jeans is a trend that every fashion runway, bloggers, celebrities or any fashion lovers must have.



You can buy them ready made distressed or you can do it yourself. There are tons of DIY tutorials on the internet for this, so I decided why not DIY it for myself cause 1st buying one really cost a lot, 2nd you can plan where you want the rip to go by yourself too.

Here's how i do it!

Materials
1. Unwanted or want to refashion old Jeans
2. Cutter
3. Twizzers



Okay the photo here showed measuring tape and chalk because i need to alter my jeans because it was too long for me so why not i just show you how i alter my jeans!







So I wore my pants and measure from the top to bottom till the length i want which is 32inches. 
Took it off and measure my pants till its 32 inches again and snip off the extras. FYI you can also start making marks on you knee or any part you wish to distress.

Now here's the fun part !

The cut part already had some frills coming off so just use a twizzer to pull them out. Just do whatever you like and have fun till your desire liking.


Cut off the excess white thread if you dont like it.


This is the markings i made on the part that i want to distress my jeans.


Put a magazine or anything inside the jeans to separate the front and back part so that you won't accidentally cut through the back when doing the front part.



Now's the tricky part.
Depending on what kind of distress you want, the pressure you cut on your jeans varies.
1. For big rip holes, you can cut through the jeans completely and pull out the frills.



2. For half rip style, you just need to put medium pressure and cut multiple cuts just destroying the first layer of the jeans and give it a few tugs to the cuts to rip off the first layer leaving the white thread left.


Now you know the ways, have fun distressing your jeans! I went a little obsess when doing it haha.

I did some on my pockets and bottom of my pants as well.

Here's the final look.




Hope you understand my tutorial!
You can also search on Youtube for more tutorials on this.

Thanks for hanging out here!


Much love,
Wei.Yun
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment